Are you wondering where is Louis Vuitton made in?
I used to think that all authentic bags or accessories from Louis Vuitton were made in France. After all, it’s a French luxury brand, right?
That was why seeing anything other than ‘Made in France’ on any LV bag or item I bought made me feel like it is an imitation Louis Vuitton.
I thought that was how to spot a fake Louis Vuitton.
Hence, curiosity got the better part of me and I got my research glasses on. I wanted to know if not seeing ‘Made in France’ on my LV bag or accessory was enough for me to question its authenticity.
I got the answers I needed and now I’m better informed. I also realized that it’s just another myth about authentic Louis Vuitton.
Do you know that some of LV luxury products are also made in the USA?
I believe seeing that on your LV item would have made you take a step backward in the fear of being scammed.
Well, there’s no need to fear.
In this article, I’ll tell you all there’s to know about where Louis Vuitton products are made.
So, sit back and relax as it will be worth your while…
Where Are Louis Vuitton Products Made?
Like I first pointed out, I used to believe all products including handbags from Louis Vuitton were made in France.
If I didn’t see a “Made in France” marking on any LV product I wanted to get, I’d discard it as a fake and steer away.
This was my conviction until I carried out further research and asked questions. It was then I found out that Louis Vuitton has about 4,000 leather good professional workshops in Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, USA and Germany.
Here’s a summary of these locations and the LV products they’re specialized in:
- France: Leather goods, foot-wear, ready-to-wear, sunglasses and jewelry.
- Spain: Leather goods.
- United States: Leather goods.
- Italy: Footwear, sunglasses, jewelry and ready-to-wear.
- Switzerland: Jewelry.
- Germany: Leather goods.
In the USA, for example, three well-known locations exist being California, Irwindale, San Dimas and Keene, Texas.
These locations mostly make canvas products which are the Damier and Monogram canvas. This means if you come across a new LV handbag or buy one from a Louis Vuitton boutique in the states then it’s most likely that it was manufactured in the USA.
These are what you will notice in a ‘Made in U.S.A’ LV item:
- Heat stamp: LV bags made in the US were imprinted with “LOUIS VUITTON PARIS made in U.S.A” from 1995 to mid-2012.
- The Tag: Louis Vuitton added a tag [cloth or leather] for all bags made in the U.S after 2012. This tag reads ‘made in U.S.A. of imported materials’. The heat stamp I mentioned above was added to another tag. For smaller goods, only date codes were used.
- Date code: Authentic LV bags and items will have date codes that match the factory location and displays the date [year and week] the item was made.
If your luxury accessory from LV isn’t ‘Made in France’, the craftsmanship is still of the same high quality irregardless of where your authentic LV accessory is made in. It’s fine if you still prefer the tag because of the iconic French heritage it carries.
Know someone who needs to see this? Be kind and SHARE with them.
You may be interested in the following articles:
- Fake Louis Vuitton Backpack Review
- Neverfull Replica Review
- Fake Louis Vuitton Belt Review
- Pochette Metis Replica Review
- Fake Louis Vuitton Wallet Review
- Why Is Louis Vuitton So Expensive
- Louis Vuitton Escale Collection
- Buying a Used Louis Vuitton Bag or Its Fake?
- Fake LV Multi Pochette Accessories that Took Social Media by Storm
- Tricks and Tips to Customizing Your Louis Vuitton Replica Speedy